Monday, April 8, 2013

A Simple Nursery

I finally got around to finishing Charlotte's nursery! I can't believe it has already been 5 months since we moved into our new home...and this is the only room in the house that I can actually say is "complete." Her room is the smallest in the house yet it still took hours of hard work and planning, (makes me a little nervous about the rest of the house!)

The diamond accent wall is by far my favorite feature in the room. I had actually seen something very similar used as a wallpaper, but I couldn't afford the price. Needless to say, I was so in love with the look, I decided it was worth the extra effort to actually paint the pattern on myself. (Tutorial to come!)

The room really doesn't have a specific "theme" it's just full of things that I like and that remind me of my little girl (which is sometimes the best way to go when it comes to designing a space). 

Check out photos of the room + project details below...


Room Details: 

Diamond accent wall: I made my own stencil and painted the pattern using a very light grey color (tutorial to come later!) If you are looking for a less time consuming option you can purchase the wallpaper that inspired me at The Firm

Paper crane mobile: get my tutorial HERE

Bookshelves: These are actually "Picture Ledges" which I purchased for just $14.99 at Ikea

Nesting doll art: I actually made this myself in Photoshop. I am also planning on painting my own nesting dolls to display on the dresser...someday :)

Sheer curtains: Also purchased from Ikea, I couldn't find the exact pair online, but you can view a similar option here.

Triangle framed art (on shelves): This was a last minuet design that took me literally 30min. to make. I simply cut triangle shapes out of paper, painted them, and then taped them in different patterns in each frame. (tutorial to come!) 

18 comments:

  1. So pretty! The accent wall is amazing - can't wait to see the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so crafty! The room looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! it's so lovely!, congralutations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrea, everything is perfect! So cute!! I'm so impressed with the art you made. You're a photoshop genius. I love the triangles too. Charlotte is going to be napping in style. I love those cute little saltwater sandals too. The book ledge, dolls, and globe are my favorite. Everything looks great together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awwwww so sweet! love the books!! job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Besides being charming, darling, and sweet, it does seem to pull as being a bit European. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this blog is really awesome.i like strawberry so much.

    .................
    Thanks
    Mark
    strawberry lover

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This blog is really awesome. i am a strawberry strawberry Lover. thank you very much tor that blog.

      .............
      Thanks
      Faisal
      strawberry lover

      Delete
  9. I'm charmed! Simply perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness! Charlotte's nursery is so beautiful - clean and elegant but still very happy-feeling, I love it! I noticed the origami crane mobile you made (awesome!) and had to share this etsy print with you - it would go so perfectly in that space: http://etsy.me/17E18Ka Anyway, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Smoke detectors, Telephone, Cable television dior outlet, Air conditioning, Color television, Free newspaper, Handicap room, TV, Data port, Desk, Alarm clock, Direct dial phone number swiss replica watches, Fax machine, Free local calls, AM/FM radio, Internet access, Iron rolex explorer watches, Microwave, Balcony/Lanai/Terrace, Refrigerator, Remote control television

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice nursery with all the knick perniknya but seems less complete if no obat keputihan crystal X.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...