Monday, November 7, 2011

The Joys of Pregnancy


A couple of weeks ago, I was told by a friend that I needed to post some updated pregnancy photos. So, this is me at about 20 weeks pregnant (I am actually 21 weeks now).

Although I no longer have morning sickness (unless I go too long without eating), I have been experiencing some other unwelcome pregnancy cons. Including some not so wonderful varicose veins in my right leg, along with some rather unfriendly pregnancy acne. Seriously, I don't think I have ever had acne this bad...and I've forgotten how awful it can make you feel. (if anyone knows of any safe remedies I could try, please share :)

But, I am grateful that these are the least of my worries, because I know that things could definitely be worse. When I had my first baby, I had even more pregnancy issues... and I'll admit, that there were days when I would do the whole "pitty party" thing, knowing that my body would never go back to normal.

But when my 1st baby was finally born, I realized that everything I went through was well worth it (and now I need to remind myself of that once again!)

By the way, if you happen to be looking for some fun baby/toddler birthday ideas you should check out my friend Amber's blog...I LOVE the ombre cake she designed!

12 comments:

  1. Happy half way! You are beautiful... glad your morning sickness is gone:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea you look great! I'm glad the morning sickness is gone! I hope you keep feeling great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for that little girl to come! I think my baby bump about matches yours and I'm six weeks behind you! So excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these pictures! So sunny and warm. We've been taking weekly pictures for a couple of weeks, but they're just inside - I love the idea of going outside and capturing some like this. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the 2nd time around is almost worse... Everything happens faster!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh friend! I am so with you ... this pregnancy has not been kind to my body...lol... my daughter told me the other day " mama you still look pretty even though you have spots all over your face." It made me laugh...it is all worth it & yes things will go back to normal :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so beautiful. Girl I am right there with you..my skin is freaking out..plus im an esthetician and even I know that I cant do a darn thing about it..sucks but its all worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are such a cute prego. All those unpleasant things really are so worth it for the sweet little ones. I totally can relate to you in a lot of ways.

    - Sarah
    http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe you are so tiny at 20 weeks! So cute. I am glad to hear you ae feeling better. As for the acne, I had it the worst I've ever had in my life until the end of my second trimester. My OB told me it was ok to use tea tree oil topically. Just pour a drop of the oil on a Qtip and dilute it with water, and just dab on your problem areas.

    Excited to see your little guy in another 19 weeks! You're over half-way there!

    ♥Abbey
    Along Abbey Road

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the link! I'm glad this pregnancy is going better than your first. I still cringe when I think about being pregnant again and I had a super easy pregnancy. You look great! Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The super easy pregnancy news i like much.More provide information use for each pregnancy. This idea i forward to another user.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...