Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Something Sweet: PB & J Cookies


Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich's are one of my favorite go to meals! It's the type of sandwich that never disappoints and is sort of a meal/dessert all in one!

This Wednesday's "Something Sweet" is a different take on your average PB&J...it's a PB&J but in cookie form. The recipe is one that I came by via my wonderful sister-in-law Crystal, so I really can't take any credit for it. These cookies delicious, very simple to make, and only require 5 ingredients. Making them a perfect quick dessert!








Ps. I added a secret ingredient to them to make them even more delicious!

Click below for the recipe and tutorial!



Peanut Butter & Jelly Cookies
Ingredients
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 Egg
2 Tablespoons flour
1/2 cup jelly
Optional : Approx. 2 Tablespoons Nutella (The secret ingredient!)

Step 1. Combine peanut butter, sugar, egg, and flour in a large bowl & mix until well combined.





Step 2. Roll the dough into small balls and place on a baking sheet. The dough is a little crumbly, so I would squish each piece in my hands before rolling them into a ball shape.

Step 3. Using a small rounded spoon, make an indent in the center of each cookie, deep enough to allow for jam filling. 


Step 4. (Optional) Place about a 1/4 teaspoon of Nutella into each cookie.

Step 5. Place about 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of Jelly on each cookie (don't worry if the jelly overflows a little, it will pretty much hold its shape through the cooking process). 


Step 6. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Let set for about 10 min. before eating.

Step 7. Serve with a large glass of milk!

5 comments:

  1. I was just looking at your post going, yumm! I make those. LOL :) Sooo easy and really, packed with protein. A great option for people trying to watch their gluten intake, and still have a delicious treat. Ohh, Nutella. You are a woman after my own heart. I have a Costco size Nutella in my cupboard, at all times. Kind of an essential around here.. like eggs, or milk. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! These look incredible! Your photos are beautiful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm they look really good

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...