Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Home Decor: Painted Floors

Tired of the same old flooring options?

Well here's an idea that you may not have seen or thought of before...


Painted floors!

I'll admit, when I first heard of this concept it seemed a little crazy. But, I have come across some beautiful painted floor designs that have really blown me away. What a unique and creative way to add a bit of character and color to your space! Many of these floors were painted with a base color coat, and then a more intricate design was simply stenciled over the top.





I'm not sure exactly how to process works, but fortunately Design Sponge has provided a great tutorial for all who are interested to learn!

Photo Credit: 1.Design Sponge, 2. Design Sponge, 3. Mary Macdonald via Domino, 4 & 5.Sunny's Goodtime Paints

3 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to do that, provided the real wood floors are beyond hope. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so amazing!! i featured wall stencils today, but now i'm thinking that they would be perfect for floor as well :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...