Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Who Would Have Thought...


I first tasted this little treat a few years ago.  My first thought was "oh wonderful, another typical jello casserole," but when I took my first bite I was in heaven.  This was no ordinary jello dish, it was a strawberry & pineapple gooey goodness layered on top of a whipped cream cheese filling and crunchy pretzel crust. There is just something about the combination of sweet and salty with a touch of cream cheese that makes this simple dish divine.

I made this recipe for a some guests a few months ago.  The same guests came to eat last week and personally requested that I make it again.  I have seen a couple different variations of this recipe but This One by Paula Deen has been my favorite.  I usually serve this as a side dish with dinner, but I think it could be used for a dessert as well.  Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...