Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sausage & Artichoke Pizza





Homemade pizza has been a favorite meal in my family and usually becomes a weekly event! A couple of months ago I came across an amazing artichoke pizza recipe, courtesy of Whole Foods Market.

This recipe uses low fat turkey sausage and a whole wheat crust, making it a great healthy alternative to your average pizza recipe. The best part is that its healthy yet doesn't sacrifice any flavor! It has become one of my favorite pizza recipe's, and I hope you will enjoy it to!

What is your favorite pizza recipe?



Sausage & Artichoke Pizza


Ingredients
1 tablespoon olive oil 
1 whole wheat pizza crust
1 can Italian diced tomatoes with basil
1/2 large red onion, thinly sliced 
1 cup artichoke hearts, drained
1/3 pound turkey sausage or sausage of your choice, cooked and drained 
3 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced 
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning 



Step 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Roll out pizza dough and brush with olive oil.


Step 2. Top first with diced tomatoes then add red onion, artichoke hearts, and sausage.


Step 3. Sprinkle over mozzarella cheese and Italian seasoning.

Step 4. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and golden.

Step 5. Cut and serve!

5 comments:

  1. freak dang andg!!! that looks da bomb! Seriously, as a pizza advocate I must say that looks amazing. Do you deliver? Can you deliver Nolan with it? I'll tip well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea, I just want you to know that I returned to WA yesterday, and Anna has already started making cake pops and we are planning on making a Goodwill run for silk ties this evening... all inspired by you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just made this and a hearts of romaine salad for dinner tonight!! DISH-DELISH!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you use store bought pizza dough and if so what kind do you like? If you make it at home what is your recipe? I have yet to find one I really love, store bought or homemade).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That looks delish. I've got to try it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...