Monday, November 19, 2012

Holiday Chalkboard Art

A while back I made THIS framed chalkboard to hang in my kitchen and I loved using it for little sketches or notes. When we moved into our new house, I thought it would be fun to change things up a bit and have the chalkboard hang in the living/dining area so it could be used as more of an art piece.

As we have ventured into the holiday season I have had so much fun using my chalkboard for holiday art! I don't have much shelving/display areas right now so creating sketches on my chalkboard has been a great way to include some holiday decor throughout our home!

Here are a few of the drawings I have done so far (they are definitely not professional :)...

Halloween - I was going for a "Charlotte's Web" look

Thanksgiving - I decided I wasn't skilled enough to draw pilgrims or a turkey that didn't look cheesy, so I attempted to draw the Mayflower instead (I think most of our guests just thought it was a random boat, but oh well).


Christmas - My husband drew this one... I believe he was going for an 'abstract Santa' look (a little different, but a fun conversation starter!)


With all the packing & painting we have been doing, I really haven't had time to decorate the house much for the holidays. But, we are officially done painting (for now) and I'm super excited to start decorating for Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. You two are artists! Thats a really fun idea. Keep the posts coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm impressed! I wish I could draw that well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...