Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Healthy Food Review: Black Bean Burgers


I am no vegetarian, but I have always wanted to try a vegetarian type burger. It's just that, when given the choice... an actual beef pattie always seems so much more appetizing.

Yet, after I saw this yummy recipe for homemade Spicy Black Bean Burgers at Eat Live Run I decided it looked too good to not give it a try.

It really was quite delicious especially when paired with thick avocado slices. The black beans and spice gave the burgers a bit of a Mexican flare (different from a normal burger taste, but still very good!)

Plus, it's a great option if you are trying to cut back on fats and red meat!

Would you try a black bean burger over beef?

8 comments:

  1. I have a recipe on my phone for black bean burgers that I've been meaning to try, but keep forgetting about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know... i'm a big red meat kinda gal, but if it means getting my post baby butt into shape when the time comes, I may relent lol.

    - Sarah
    agirlintransit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosssshhhh. This looks so so good. I might have to make these this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if I would choose the beans over meat, but I would definately eat this burger, it looks delicious! plus everything is better with avocados

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so funny! I just made these same burgers Sunday night for a couple carnivores, and they LOVED them. I decided to make a bunch more and freeze them between sheets of wax paper. They really are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh YUM!! I am so not a red meat lover so this looks so amazing to me! Mmm! Hope you are doing great pretty Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a coincidence, I also made Black Bean burgers last night!! I opted for a different recipe though (totally saw that one on Pinterest) since I cannot eat corn nor avocado.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that looks really yummy. I think I'll try it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...