Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Something Sweet: Candy Corn Cupcakes



Cupcakes are one of my favorite treats to make for any special occasion. Mostly because they do more then just give your guests something tasty to eat...they can add to the decor as well!

I made these "Candy Corn" cupcakes last year for both a family Halloween party and my husbands work Halloween party. They were a hit and were so simple to decorate!

All you need is white, yellow, and orange buttercream frosting and a large round icing tip (like a 1A or 2A). Then you just make a large swirl of yellow frosting at the bottom of the cupcake, add a slightly smaller swirl of orange frosting on top, and end with a very small swirl of white (which should be done with a smaller tip, or you can just cut a hole in your frosting bag to whatever size you need.)

Halloween is still about 6 weeks away, but It's one of my favorite holidays and I am getting excited to try some new festive treats to celebrate!

Do you have a favorite treat you like to make for Halloween?

(I can't give myself credit for this idea, I saw a photo of something similar while browsing through google images, although I can't remember where it came from...but HERE is a similar idea done with a different icing tip.)

8 comments:

  1. ummmm...I am so not a Halloween fan...I soooo dislike scary things...lol. I grew up in Michigan so it was always like 10 degree while trick or treating...lol! I am taking baby steps...I LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea!!! I adore cnady corn...yum

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love me some candy corn! This is too cute for words! I have to make a bunch of cupcakes for this weekend and now I know what I'm doing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable! Candy corns are my favorite halloween candy so I want to try this cupcake idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're beautiful! I love fall and Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Halloween is coming up so soon! Cute cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable cupcakes! Are they just vanilla? They seem to have an orange tint to them?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andieroeder,
    They are actually just regular vanilla...I think the orange tint just comes from the poor lighting :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...