Friday, August 19, 2011

Happy Friday!

I'm excited to say that today I will be flying home for a week to spend time with my awesome family in Washington! I wish I could say that I was excited about the plane ride, and that I'm completely worry free like this lady...
But I will have to admit that I am far from it! I happen to have a little fear of flying which actually I don't dwell on too much anymore because getting through a flight or two with my 18 month old is all I can think about. 

I usually pack my carry on with a lap-top so he can watch movies (I wish I just had a little DVD player because the lap-top is really bulky) then I try to bring along a couple of "new" toys (because the ones we have he is already bored of) and then I pack a secret bag filled with dum-dum's and fruit snacks (which is a last resort thing).  

Do you have any good tips for traveling with children? I would love to hear them! 

photo credit: snippet & ink

7 comments:

  1. Oh! Have a good trip! And Happy Friday to you too! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a wonderful time in Washington! And I hope the traveling goes okay too. Snacks and DVDs sound like a good plan to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your plan is perfect. We always resort to "mix it up" hind a small toy in your hand and have them guess which hand it is in...perfect for planes...have a safe a lovely trip!!! p.s. love your new banner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. have fun, i'm so jealous! also i LOVE your new header!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay that lady on the wing is cracking me up! The perspective is off and I can't figure out how they did it. Your plans for the trip sound exactly right! Can't think of anything else I would do. I grew up on an airstrip and used to fly all the time. Now I'm a chicken after a turbulent trip. Funny how the brain works! Love all your beautiful pictures, love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful trip! We load up our iPhones with shows and that gets us a lot of mileage. Also, don't forget a paci or bottle for the ears. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I fly A LOT with my 3 and 1 year old girls. Snacks are the best distraction for us, especially things that they don't get very often at home (like a ring pop!). We also just got an iPad which is so much easier than the old DVD player. A little more expensive but well worth having not just movies but games, read-along books, drawing tools, and music (and oh so much more) in one tiny little device. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...