Thursday, July 21, 2011

Inspiration Thursday: Bookshelves

Every time I come across a floor to ceiling book shelf I get so inspired to start adding to my (very small) book collection so that I can have one in my own home someday. Then I remember that it will have to be a very distant "someday" because books that lay anywhere between 1' - 3' off the ground are just asking to be pulled down and torn apart by my little guy.

But it's still fun to dream right?

For now I will have to stick with bookshelves that look more like this...
That extra bar is genius! I'm sure my little guy could still figure out how to get to the books down but it would take a little more thinking and maneuvering. Plus, if he took the time to get these out it probably means he actually wants me to read them to him instead of just terrorize the house!

photo credit: 2.apartment therapy 3.unknown via pintrest 4.martha stewart 5.via ohdeedoh

4 comments:

  1. I like this post... last year I made one using rain gutters.I have to find the picture and post it on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those kids book shelves look really unique and cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! If only I had a room full of books.... :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...