Thursday, June 30, 2011

Inspiration Thursday: Fashion made easy


I'll be honest, I am not a super fashionable person. I try to wear things that I like, are comfortable, and for the most part are "in style." But, I often find myself starring at my closet saying "I refuse to get dressed today because I have absolutely nothing to wear!" This ongoing closet battle has only gotten worse as I have moved into the "mommy" stage of life and this is why....
A.I have little to no "personal" free time to shop, B.When I do shop I find myself feeling overwhelmed especially in those huge 1million sq.ft. Forever 21's, and C. I get side tracked and start shopping for baby clothes because it's so much easier then shopping for myself.

I spotted a helpful solution to this problem while browsing through emmas designblogg (a new favorite blog of mine!) When I saw this photo the first thing that popped into my mind was the word "brilliant." How awesome/time saving would it be if you could hang your outfits for everyday of the week on this rack (and if your clothes are fairly fashionable, it becomes a design feature in the space as well). You could choose all of your outfits for the week on Sunday and not have to even think of what to wear for a whole 7 days!

What do you think? Would you use something like this in your own home?

Photo Credit: DosFamily

8 comments:

  1. First I hear you on migrating to the baby clothes! I figure if I can a least dress my daughter cute people will realize I had some scene of style before I reverted to gym shoes and flip flops everyday...lol...love the idea of picking out clothes on Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea! Getting myself dressed is like the hardest part of the day. Nothing fits after baby and I have zero desire to shop (my 1st trip to F21 was a horror - it's like Ikea!). Totally agree that it's more fun to shop for the kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a good idea! If I had an enormous walk-in closet I would definitely want to do this. It would save me so much time every day when I can't decide what to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would add the stress of making sure my clothes matched my bedroom...and all the clothes for the week would have to match eachother!!!! I could so not do this, hahahaha. But I LOVE the picture. Cute! I don't have that problem of migrating toward baby clothes...in fact I do the opposite....hahahaha, not that I actually ever get to buy anything anyway. We mostly buy clothes for Jake not mom and kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. brilliant idea ! i do that every night for the next morning , but doing that for the whole week would save loads of time !

    xoxo.
    http://alwaysamrsforeverakidd.blogspot.com

    ps. i know you like baking goodies, come check out my newest recipe :]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fantastic idea! I'm hopping over to have a look! Thanks sweetie! Have a great Independence Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is genius! I need to implement this into my routine because I hate putting together outfits lately. Also, I think planned out outfits always look more tasteful anyway!


    Along Abbey Road

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that idea. How smart. I think that's what Nat needs.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...