Monday, May 30, 2011

Design 101 - Complimentary Colors


Color is a very important design element. There are so many different color schemes to choose from when decorating a space. One of my favorites is a complimentary color scheme. 

Complimentary colors are defined by pairs of colors that are opposite on the color wheel. This type of color pallet is fun to use in design because when placed next to each other, complimenting colors will make each other appear brighter. 


A complimenting color pallet of blue and orange is one of my favorite color combinations (like my son's 1st b-day party). Here are a few examples of blue and orange color pallets...

Do you have a favorite color combination?

2 comments:

  1. oh wow, I'm loving that quilt in picture 2. I used this color combo in my son's room, so I never really thought of it as very adult, but it's gorgeous in all these pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. used that color combo for my wedding and it was lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...