Friday, April 1, 2011

A Little Something Sweet : Avalanche Bark

I know you have all been waiting for this Friday's "Something Sweet" post right? Well, today is your lucky day because I have a awesome recipe to share with you!

My family frequently vacations to Bend, Oregon and one day while visiting the shops we decided to take a detour to "Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory." It was there that we discovered their delicious Avalanche Bark, a mix of peanut butter, marshmallows, chocolate chips, and who knows what else! It was a great find and since then every time I pass a Rocky Mt. Factory, my mouth waters for one of those tasty bars!

So, I decided to make my own Avalanche Bark but with a twist...a sort of Avalanche-Bark-Re-Mix if you will.

They turned out great! So great in fact, my husband and I finished off all of it in one weekend (we were thinking about bringing some to the neighbors but then all of the sudden it was gone...woops!)

I suggest giving these a try! Have a happy Friday and a great weekend!

Avalanche Bark Re-Mix

1 12ounce bag white chocolate chips
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
3 cups crispy rice cereal
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1-1/2 cups mini marshmallows
3/4 cup lightly crushed pretzels

Step 1. Melt the white chocolate chips and peanut butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir consistently until completely melted. Remove from heat and look cool about 5 minutes.

Step 2. Transfer mix into a large bowl and stir in rice crispies and pretzel pieces with a spoon or spatula.

Step 3. Wait about 20 minutes for the mix to cool a bit. 
Then add the mini chocolate chips and marshmallows, mix well.
(I saved a couple tablespoons of the chocolate chips to garnish the top when finished)

Step 4. Spray an 8x8 pan and dump in mix, 
(optional: add a couple of tablespoons of chocolate chips to garnish). 
(if you don't want them quite as thick a 9x9 or 9x13 will work too). 
Lightly press down with a greased spoon, if you press to hard the bars will be hard as rocks! 

Step 5. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes then cut into bars and serve!

1 comment:

  1. this looks absolutely delicious! I can't wait to try it myself!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...